I had a requirement where I had WiFi signal across a large farm/garden and I needed to place the Blink camera in various locations. And since the schedule is controlled by the Blink Sync Module, I had to create multiple zones each with it’s own Blink Sync module to define an independent schedule for a set of cameras for that zone. This meant that each of my Blink Sync modules needed to be accessible in those zones across the farm.
Water-Proof the Blink Sync module such that it can be powered at each location locally.
I searched (on Amazon and in other places) for a mount that is water-tight such as the Blink Camera’s but I was running out of options. And so I decided to retrofit my own design. And here it is:
- Polycase (SL-64FMBT) …… x 1
- Velcro… to suit your needs
- 3⁄8 inch metallic push in connector …….. x 1 (optional)
- Silicone Sealant Tube ………………………… x 1
- You can secure the Blink Sync module inside the Polycase using the velcro.
- Drill a hole to run the USB wire through the 3⁄8 inch metallic push in connector.
- Seal the usb cable and push in connector using the silicone sealant. Recommend that you poke the hole at the bottom so the water collected (via moisture) has a way to drain.
- Plug your other end of the USB cable into a water proof enclosure for power.
- Drill two holes to mount the Polycase enclosure in a suitable area.
More finished pictures coming up soon.
If you have your own versions on how you have water-proofed your Blink Sync module, share them here on this wiki.